[Ti] POLL: was "Apple's True Market Share!"

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sat Dec 14 05:33:48 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 14, 2002, at 02:03 PM, Loren Schooley wrote:

>> I'd rather see a quad processor machine, or a PPC970 based Mac before
>> an ATX motherboard running OS X...
>

> NOW we're talking. A dual Ti would make me a lifer.

i wonder if it would be possible to write code into the kernel that
would allow 'real time' 'hot swapping' of the cpu ...  i mean that
while your machine is booted and operating, would it be possible to put
ONE processor into deep sleep or turn it off? and reactivate it when
needed?

the machine could (if technologically possible) run on one proc. until
the primary proc. hit 100% then the 2nd proc. could kick in or 'wake
up'...

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)
etyrnal at ameritech.net