New 1 ghz TiPB delivered today!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 23:36:38 PST 2002

I just hooked up a 17" LCD Apple Monitor to the new Powerbook and it is a
revelation!

The good news: No bad pixels anywhere.
The speed is incredible.
The fan noise is very quiet when it comes on.
The display on the Powerbook is very much more bright and clear and the
colors seem much more saturated.

The bad news: There is a very small dent in the top casing that you have to
almost use a magnifying glass to see.
The Hard Drive is 55.88 Gig - not 60! Where did all that space go? Even my
60 Gig backup drive has almost 58 Gig usable.
My AC adaptor seems to detach itself at will, even though I have pushed it
in as far as it will go. When this happens (and I have the Powerbook in
clamshell mode) it will suddenly go to sleep, no matter what I may be doing.

But it is here and will take over duties of both my Desktop and portable
computers. I just hope it doesn't need service, because it is now my ONLY
computer.

jg