[Ti] Battery Life

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Fri Dec 20 15:27:15 PST 2002

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 09:43 PM, Daniel Borge wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Just was wondering what's the battery life when u guys watch a DVD
> film without being connected?
> I know mine says 5 hours when it's fully charged, but it changes down
> to 3 hours when I open Corel Draw....

For a funny and entertaining conversation...  just call apple or call
an apple store and ask to talk to an Apple Genius and ask them this
question:

"Excuse me for my ignorance Mr. Apple Genius, Sir, but just EXACTLY
which specific 'configuration' of the iBook/Powerbook is it that gets
you 5 hours of (advertised) battery life?"

It's hilarious to watch them squirm and dance around the issue...  You
get a LOT of VERY good professional-level non-answers.  I was told by
one Apple rep on the phone, that "That 5 hours is probably not
attainable, and it may refer to a laboratory situation..."

I have NO respect for a company who feels that they have to lie about a
product to coerce you into buying it.

I did a poll on the mac-l list asking about people various
'configurations' and the average and maximum battery life that they
were achieving and i don't recall hearing anything above a 2.5 hour
average...  Since day one my TiBook never achieved more than 2.75
hours...  and i normally get two...  Seems that 5 hours can only be
accomplished w/ two batteries...

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)
etyrnal at ameritech.net