Help lost firewire drive

ms mswanson at bignet.net
Fri Dec 27 18:12:27 PST 2002

I can't get my Western Digital 100 gig firewire drive to mount.  Disk
Utility can see the drive but not the volume.   I can't lose what's on
it so I can't initialize as it asks to.  I just upgraded to 10.2.3
yesterday and now for the first time in nearly a year with OS X I have
a disk problem.  I can't get Disk warrior 2.1 or Drive 10 to see it.
After losing the drive, I also got my first kernel panic.  Can there be
a connection, how do I fix the directory on the   lost drive?