Changing format

Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 30 09:59:02 PST 2002

I had a number of jpeg files archived on a firewire hard drive.  I
recently had a catastrophic drive failure and when I finally got it
back online (using Norton, Drive 10, Disk Warrior) nearly every jpeg
file is now got a red icon and nothing will recognize their format.
Not Quicktime (which they were coded in) nor Graphic Convertor.  What
happened?   When I check their information, they are still jpeg files
and are the same sized files as before.   Is there a way to get them
back?