[Ti] Laptop Health Warning!

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 12:38:42 PST 2002

Steve at woz.org wrote:   << In most controlled experiments, everything done to
enhance the intrinsic validity of the experiment (it 'really' happened)
counters its applicability to the real world, the extrinsic validity.>>

This statement embodies Heisenberg's uncertainty principle which "simply
stated" holds that we can measure the wave of an electron, or its "particle"
position, but not both at the same time.

Suffice to say no sane person builds a product with the intent of hurting the
end user.   But we end users often misuse products causing ourselves harm
because either a) we aren't using our heads or b) if there was a problem
there would be a warning because we expect the experts who built it to know
what they are doing.   No designer should be held responsible for product
liability when the product safety at release date upheld the then current
scientific standards for safety.

Current scientific thought is uncertain about electromagnetic force effects
on physiology, and the ever shifting standards reflect that uncertainty.
Until science finds the causal focus -  with anything electronic we should
just exercise discretion.   It could be nothing or it could be an atomic
bullet.   Anyway, a laptop is not meant to be a lap warmer that's why we have
dogs.

MBurke