[Ti] Laptop Health Warning!

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 23 15:23:06 PST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 02:54  PM, Bob Jacobsen wrote:

> So let's be quantitative about "much".  The induced potentials of the
> maximum RF power density allowed by regulation (which is much larger
> than typical doses, including when transmitting antennae are placed
> against the head or lap) is more than a factor of 100,000 smaller than
> typical cellular potentials,

cellular potentials being RF inside of cells?  Do normal healthy human
cells generally emit or naturally contain RF?  It seems like you are
saying that cells somehow generate / broadcast RF GREATER than that of
the cellphone... ??  Potential?

> and more than a factor of 500 smaller than the fluctuations in those
> potentials due to living at room temperature.

does room temperature create a state wherein RF is less stable?  The
potential from the cells?  What would be a good source for me to read
about the cellular potentials of which you specifically mentioned?

> So "it doesn't take much", but the effects being talked about in this
> thread are very, very, very too small to be considered enough.

the 'effects' of the electronics in Ti books is EASILY felt by anyone
who's willing to stop by my place and rest their finger on my Ti book's
chassis...  If the 'potential' of the battery (which is enough to kill
you if attached to you heart) is being converted into other forms and
or states of energy (and dissipating in 2 hours or less) - are we
saying that "there is NO MEASURABLE  affect on one's health"?  and are
we stating it as an indisputable fact?  And are we saying that we
understand the phenomenon life to the degree that we can state, as
indisputable fact, that the RF in mobile electronics etc. have ONLY
positive, beneficial, or neutral effects, with NO adverse affects
whatsoever?

> A good place to start is to actually study the scientific literature
> on this.

Suggestions?

> What you'll find is that most of the popular statements are known to
> be over-wrought to the point of fear-mongering.

sometimes statements are just stated as conceptual conversational
possibilities and sometimes the fearful blow things out of proportion...

my original questions:

my question would be - Is the 'heat' purely radiated infrared [thermal]
heat?  os does the computer emit any radio frequency waves of a high
enough power to cause cumulative disruption of normal cellular
functioning after considerably long exposure?  after all - don't
microwave ovens use high frequency electro-magnetic waves to cook food?

> Bob Jacobsen (Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov, 510-486-7355, fax 510-495-2957)

Respectfully,
Luke Mazzeri (my credentials, if any, are not impressive, and will
unquestionably have no more significance in 300 years than laptops and
cellphones themselves)

For an evening of thought-provoking background music...

                                        etyrnal.muzik
                      http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal
                              etyrnal at ameritech.net