[Ti] Software Base Station

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sun Nov 24 22:10:44 PST 2002

At 10:53 PM -0500 2002.11.24, Mark O'Brien wrote:
> > In an airport I used my T68i cell phone, via bluetooth, for an internet
>> connection, and then Shared the Network Connection from my TiBook. It actually
>> worked for myself and  a second TiBook user.
>
>Cool! GPRS or CSD?

9600 baud, served the 2 of us well. It was CSD I guess, standard modem dialing setup to my ISP.

I figured this would be a good way to dial with the $99/month ATT Wireless unlimited plan, but they don't allow CSD calls on that plan. I guess the only 'unlimited' data plan is the $40/month T-Mobile Sidekick, but you can only use the Sidekick.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)