[Ti] s-video out

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Nov 27 07:29:44 PST 2002

--On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 06:29 PM -0500 Nick DiMaria
<nick at columbia.edu> wrote:

> I try to run DVDs via the s-video output to TVs or projection under 10.2
> without any luck. Runs fine on 9.2. I have tried all scan rates,
> mirroring/no mirroring, etc. Any suggestions?

On OS X:
1. Plug into the S-video port with TV on.
2. Press <cmd> F2 to "detect displays" (or use the drop down menu if
   you have Displays in the main menu bar or open the Displays
   preferences panel and do it there.)

You can press <cmd> F1 to turn mirroring on or off (or, alternatively use
the drop down menu command or Display preferences panel). If mirroring is
on, you should see your LCD screen image on the TV.

3. To play DVDs on your TV, you must have mirroring turned off
   AND the main menubar moved over to the TV display. Do this via the
   "Arrangement" tab in the Display preferences panel.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com