[Ti] very rare, in OS X

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Apr 3 04:54:00 PST 2003

>I reflected that this system X is so stable, that when the Ti locks,
>so rarely does it happen, that it gives me a strange feeling.   We
>have moved on a lot in these last years, haven't we, from when we
>accepted this as a daily occurrence?

Hey Trevor, I too had an experience like that recently (which was
resolved my multiple runs of "repair permissions"-- the first run
didn't seem to fix the problem, which seemed to be instigated by
installing Real Player).  I also paused to reflect happily on how
rare -- maybe the fourth time since OSX was released -- that I had a
situation that required a restart of the OS. Long live, OSX!!!

Also, while I am still using a Ti500, I have been installing a number
of newer systems for others and I believe some of the performance
enhancements go beyond just processor speed boosts.  While I am still
emotionally uncomfortable with Apple producing hardware that does not
support OS9, et al, this hardware that is optimized for OSX is
definitely advantageous for the future of Apple.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com