80 GB HD warnings

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri Apr 4 22:34:55 PST 2003

I put a fresh 80 GB drive into a friend's TiBook which was here and we erased it and installed the system off the same system DVD I had used to install on my Big Als, without success. The TiBook exhibited the same failure mode as the Big Als. Very shortly after booting a dialog comes up saying to hit the power button to shut down.

Then we partitioned the drive, with the largest partition being about 50 GB, erased it, and installed a sytem again. The install went normally, as before, but this time the disk booted up successfully.

So there appears to be some volume size limitation, and it applies to both TiBooks and Big Als.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)