[Ti] Using SCSI drives with Big Al 17"

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Wed Apr 9 15:13:32 PDT 2003

On 4/9/03 15:23, "DavisADM at aol.com" wrote:

> I have the need to use my existing 100MB Zip, 1GB & 2GB JAZ drives, as well
> as wanting to use a SCSI scanner with my new toy (the Big Al 17).  Does
> anyone know of an adapter I could use?  It could be via a PC card, firewire,
> or USB.  But I would prefer something which works with a SCSI chain, not just
> one SCSI device.

    These all are supposed to work under OS X (10.2)

This is FireWire:

    http://www.psism.com/firescsi_xpress.htm

Same it seems

    <http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/firerex1.html>

According to pbzone, the Adaptec PowerDomain SlimSCSI 1480  works with 10.2.
(Adaptec driver is listed 10.1):

<http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?sess=no&language=E
nglish+US&prodkey=APD-1480&cat=%2fTechnology%2fMacintosh%2fSCSI+for+PowerBoo
ks>

    The all seem to only support one device though.

-- Roger