[Ti] Wireless Router with File and Print Sharing?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Apr 10 08:22:21 PDT 2003

>The problem is printing and filesharing. I know that a D-Link wireless
>router exists (714+) that can do print sharing. But does anyone know of a
>device that could do print *and* filesharing? (Otherwise, we're going to
>need a home server machine, maybe a headless Cube, as well.)

The new Airport Xtreme is impressive, though even with a price drop
it is more expensive than anything else out there.  Also, for printer
sharing from the USB port of the Airport, it requires Jaguar as it
uses Rendezvous technology. It serves as a wireless router as well,
serving up dhcp addresses for everything on it's network. Add to that
an "ethernet out" port to tie in any legacy hardware as well... hmmm
that makes me wonder if one could hook an old Laserwriter with enet
to the airport for semi-wireless print sharing????

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com