[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave"

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 09:41:59 PDT 2003

According to John Griffin:

>I don't suppose you have a 3rd party utility that is doing something behind
>the scenes? I have Data Recycler installed and it does tend to slow the
>trash emptying a tiny bit if I have a truckload of files that I am dumping.
>In this case a progress bar appears and does its thing as the trash empties,
>but I have never seen the "preparing..." message.
>
>Perhaps Norton Filesaver X tends to throw this brand of monkeywrench into
>the works (?)
>
>jg

Nope. I avoid Norton like the plague. I am very reluctant to use any
3rd-party CMs, file management utilities.. etc.

You know with each upgrade of OSX, many things improve [screen
redraws, bells & whistles, etc] but the Finder becomes more and more
like Switzerland, where third-party stuff is concerned. Switzerland,
[when I lived there long ago] being a place where that which wasn't
'mandatory', was verboten. I feel sorry for the smaller developers
out there, as they watch their work being either cannibalized, or
broken, by Apple, MS, etc.

~flipper