[Ti] Apple: "[S]upplying music to customers may be its future"

XXL xxl at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 09:02:11 PDT 2003

IF Apple wants to be in the distribution business it seems to me that owning
a label would discourage other labels from allowing Apple to distribute
their music as well as Apples.  I could see Apple cornering the market on
online distribution with some great tech innovation, otherwise.

One source said Steve Jobs was of the opinion that legal means of stopping
online distribution were soon to be effective in stopping free downloading.
I find no evidence that legal moves have been effective at all in stopping
free downloading in general, though a few particular services have been shut
down.  Seems to be a pretty risky idea to me.
-Joel