[Ti] Startup time revisited

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue Apr 22 22:18:12 PDT 2003

>From the OSX tech list is the best suggestion:
>Make a temporary folder on your desktop.  Move half of your
>~/Library/Preference files into it.  Log out and back in.  Did the
>problem go away?  Yes? Move half of the ones you removed back in and
>repeat.  No?  Move half of the ones still in your
>~/Library/Preference folder out.  Repeat until you've narrowed down
>which preferences it is.
>
>Note that this is just a variation of the classic OS extensions
>problem troubleshooting.

Well, this method definitely solved the problem:
Fonts

I have a large number of fonts in my users fonts folder; prior to
Jag, many apps struggled with the fonts and one of the nice things
about Jag is that those problems went away. While it is definitely
worth a couple of minutes of start up time to have those problems
resolved, I would like to make sure that it is not the result of a
bad font.

So to the list:

- Are any of you using more than 900 fonts? If so, what if anything
are you using to manage them and how do you like it?

- Can anyone recommend a good font repair/analysis tool for OSX?
TIA
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com