[Ti] Ftp clients

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 24 05:55:56 PDT 2003

Tarik Bilgin paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>quick poll:
>
>What is your favourite FTP client to use on OSX on your Ti?
>
>And why?

In order, and why, strictly personal:

Fetch...works every time, has a builtin directory, loads incredibly
fast, 1st choice [I use it to ftp my Quark docs to the printer's...
so, I 'bank' on it]. Behind a router it will maintain, [i.e. resume]
connections through a system reboot or reboot to OS 9 and back to
OSX. very nifty.

Interarchy 6.1... bloated beyond belief, but works well, nice
directory, but the bloat, ugh.. If i want the traceroutes, etc, i'll
use dedicated apps like IPNet or AGNet Tools.

Transmit...nice interface, solid, no directory [minor fault]

ftp in the CLI ... I use it for a laugh when i feel like going back
in time with command lines

And, last but not least, and only in OS 8 or 9: Anarchy 2.8...
probably my favorite all-time, but was butchered when they decided to
make it the be-all end-all internet snooper that it turned into with
Interarchy [anarchy 3]

The numbers of versions of Anarchy and the first Interarchy are
probably 'off' slightly, but around Anarchy 3 it morphed into
Interarchy.

I'd recommend Fetch or Interarchy, but I know folks who love Transmit.

~flipper