[Ti] Disabling the Sleep LED

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Apr 30 02:43:14 PDT 2003

At 17:24 +1000 30-4-2003, Peter Sealy wrote:
>On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 11:43  PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
>
>>Anyone discovered a way of disabling the pulsing sleep LED? And no,
>>please don't suggest duct tape :)
>
>I don't have any solution for you but I am wondering why you wish to
>do this. Does that feature have potential for problems? Just curious
>and thinking this may be an area I need to be concerned about.

My Ti-500 lives on my desk in my office in the basement overnight.
When my 17 year old daughter is sleeeping down there with her
(girl)friends, she shuts the lid on my Ti so as not to be disturbed
during the night by the fan coming on.  THEN she says that the
blinking LED floods the dark basement with light and they cannot get
to sleep.  So she takes the beermat that I use for my coffee cup and
covers it.  She would not dare cover my precious Ti with duct tape...
or electrical tape .....

It would be nice if there was a software control of this LED.    For
1/1000 customers.

regards,  Trevor