[Ti] Computer "Interference"

John McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Wed Aug 13 07:32:27 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:35  AM, Chris Malanga wrote:

> I have found that whenever the Ti is plugged in, it interferes with my
> wireless mic.

Have you experimented with re-locating the receiver to find a distance
at which the TiBook does not interfere? Can you make your setup work
(ergonomically) at that distance?

Is your wireless mic system able to use more than one frequency? If so,
have you tried another frequency?

Is your wireless system a VHF (approx. range of possible frequencies:
150 MHz - 216 Mhz) or UHF (c. 512 to 870 Mhz)? If you're using VHF, you
might have to consider a UHF system. UHF typically provides better
performance.

If your using something in the 45 to 50+ Mhz range, then you're in an
area where assisted listening and cheap wireless lives.

I'd go rent a couple of different wireless systems from the local PA
rental house and experiment with other setups.

It's a long shot, but using a USB device for analog audio out _might_
help the situation.

With RF interference, experimentation is key to troubleshooting.

j mcd
---
John McDaniel      johnmcd at one.net
---