[Ti] Anybody out there?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Aug 15 14:10:27 PDT 2003

Alexandre Kapellos typed this message on 8/15/03 4:12 PM:

> This list (and others...) is extremely quiet!
> Can't be that new virus, we're all on Macs! ...so I guess it has to be
> that huge power failure on the East coast!

For awhile I believe that the .mac server was down. All messages that I sent
from my .mac account bounced. But things seem fairly normal now. So, I guess
people are scrambling around getting back to normal before sitting down in
front of their computers and enjoying a session with the Ti list.

> Hang in there, it should be over pretty soon... they say!
>
> So, who's fault?

Who knows? The U.S. (particularly the mayor of New York) is blaming the
Canadians, saying that the Southern Ontario power grid made unusual demands
on New York state supplies and the whole thing went down like a house of
cards.

The Canadians (Ernie Eves, the premier of Ontario) is saying that his
sources claim it originated in Northern Ohio when one of the larger
generators went down and created a domino effect.

I guess we will know eventually, but what scares me is how easily this can
happen. I am sure the terrorists are busy taking notes....!

jg