No sound from internal speakers - advice please?

Tony Jayms tonyjayms at tonyjayms.com
Tue Aug 19 19:59:40 PDT 2003

I had no internet access for the past couple of months. Downloaded
the latest patches, security updates, verified and repaired
permissions, I now have no sound from the internal speakers.
OS10.2.6, 667 G4, 512/48 - it was fine before :-)

With the amount of mail that I have I can't see whether this is a
problem that has just come up until I manage to sort the mails.

Can anybody please shed some light? Sound is fine to headphones,
tried reboot in 9.2.2 and still nothing. Sounds in sys prefs has only
'Built in audio controller' under Output pane and I am wondering if
something has got lost!

Thanks in advance

Tony