[Ti] streaming TV - not available for the Mac (?)

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Aug 21 07:19:24 PDT 2003

At 3:48 -0400 8/21/03, NaegeleWDC at aol.com wrote:
>Trevor:
>
>I have been getting wonderful quality, live streaming TV via both OS
>10.1.5 and OS 10.2.6, using a DSL line.  It's terrific, and the
>picture-quality is just as good as the best TV.
>
>For example, as I write this, I am watching one of the three C-SPAN
>channels (http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan3_rm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS3
>), all of which are live and streaming.  I use RealOne Player,
>Windows Media Player, and QuickTime Player.
>
>Also, the White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/media/index.html ),
>Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/foxfan/index.html ), CBS
>(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml ), the
>Washington Post
>(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/newsvideo.htm ) and
>others sites (see, e.g., http://wwitv.com/ns.htm ) are great for
>watching videos.

Tim - thanks for all this.  Indeed, I can watch all of these, using
Safari, WMP or RealPlayer.

But none of them launch QT.
If I paste any of these URL in to QT, it says that it does not
recognise them....		:-(

Whereas BlueWin stream at 2 Mb/s (although not for Mac), I am getting
all the above only at 100 kbs, so I cannot run them full-screen.

regards,  Trevor