[Ti] [UPDATE] [Ti] dead cdrom on TI500 - what are my options

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 12:16:13 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 12:26  PM, mac2 mail wrote:
> I tried the squeeze method, as listed below, on Sunday.  I put a
> couple of audio cd's and a data cd in, and all worked fine.  I never
> got the 'pop' noise that others had mentioned in this thread.
>
> However, today at work, I am dead again, and no amount of "squeezing"
> will bring it back.

Jerry,

It's good to hear that my suggestion initially did work for you!  If I
recall, when my DVD-ROM first started not reading disks, I did this, it
worked, and occasionally it would not read the disks again.  Sometimes
I tried and tried to no avail.  However, after many times fixing it, it
seems not that it catches every time.  It was like it needed many
chiropractor adjustments to get in line and stay that way.  If you
don't wanna spend the money on a replacement drive, I'd keep on
squeezing it and knocking on the area (not too hard though ;-).  Worst
that could happen at this point is you break the DVD-ROM drive and have
to purchase a different one.

Benn