[Ti] NEC Fuel Cell laptop...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Aug 28 07:54:21 PDT 2003

Tarik Bilgin typed this message on 8/27/03 4:09 AM:

>> ust 24, 2003, at 06:09  PM, Benn wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/03/8/24/17151234.cfm>
>>>
>>> I've read rumors that suggest that apple is actively pursuing this as
>>> an alternative to the current batteries.  Looks as though they may
>>> not be the innovators in this field (though with apple, who knows?).
>>> <http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030626013405.shtml>
>>>
>>> Sorry to those who'd rather not have this posted on the list, but i
>>> thought some would find it interesting.
>
> At last!
>
> I've been waiting for these things for a while; great news!

There was an article in the Toronto Star about a month ago with the news of
the NEC technology. They say that the first fuel cells will power the
laptops for about 5 hours, but the generation after that could be expected
to provide 40 hours or more. The beautiful thing about this is that all that
is needed is ethanol to provide the power.

I too can't wait!

jg