[Ti] Loading OS 9 on Tibook ...

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Dec 9 06:10:22 PST 2003

>I've wiped a HD on a recently purchased 1 mghtz Tibook and am
>attempting to load OS 9 and Panther on separate partitions.  I'm
>getting a system error type 11 when I attempt to boot off of a OS
>9.2.1 cd to load OS 9 onto the smaller partition.  Prior to that I
>used disk utility from the Panther cd to partition the drives ... I
>formatted both the OS 9 and OS X partitions as Mac OS Extended
>(Journaled).  Is that where my problem lies?  Will OS 9 not load on
>that format?  I'm stuck until, I can get beyond this point.

Did you check the box that said something along the lines of "Load OS
9 drivers" before the reformatting?  I've had the same problem - I
wiped a Ti/500's HD and installed Panther - didn't check the OS 9
drivers box.  Couldn't boot from the OS 9 CD.  The CD shows up in the
startup disk pref pane but not after holding down option at startup.
Had to copy over an OS 9 system folder from another computer.  The
computer will still not boot into OS 9.

There is info about this in many OS X partitioning tutorials.  One is
here: http://www.lafcpug.org/partitioning_osx.html

Hope this helps,

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.1