Happy 20th, Apple [OT]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Dec 13 10:57:52 PST 2003

I see that the time is coming around when we will be celebrating the Mac's
20th Anniversary. I wonder what is about to start busting out the doors (a
G5 Powerbook for one, I hope).

Here is a rather prophetic quote from Steve Jobs that is taken from the
Premier Issue of MacWorld, 1984:

"The Macintosh is the future of Apple Computer. And it's being done by a
bunch of people who are incredibly talented but who in most organizations
would be working three levels below the impact of the decisions they're
making in this organization. It's one of those things that you know won't
last forever. The group might stay together maybe for one more iteration of
the product, and then they'll go their separate ways. For a very special
moment, all of us have come together to make this new product. We feel this
may be the best thing we'll ever do with our lives."

jg