[Ti] Dead Ti :-(

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Sun Feb 2 18:25:17 PST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 01:56 AM, cbirds wrote:

> Another couple questions: Does the end of the plug where it goes into
> the
> back of the laptop have a light that glows when it's plugged in and
> getting juice?

Yes it does.

I don't know what to say about this next suggestion but, I just read on
a newsgroup that someone was having trouble with getting power to his
PowerBook.

The light wasn't coming on.

His remedy was to disconnect the mains power cord from the power supply
for a moment thereby resetting the power supply.

I'll look for the post.

*****
I found it:

I have switched from a Pismo to a TiBook. I bought an extra adaptor so I
have two. I have noticed that often when I plug the adaptor in to the
Tibook, there is no power (no light), unless I dissconnect the mains
cord from the adaptor and then reconnect it.

This happens almost every time on one adaptor, but recently happened on
the other one also. I have run out of battery a couple of time when i
didn't notice.

I am used to this with battery recharging units, but not with computers.

Is this a known thing?<<<<
*****

HTH
Tom