[Ti] OT: FWIW, iMovie 3 reportedly available via P2P

b flipper at macsrule.com
Wed Feb 5 12:19:39 PST 2003

According to John Griffin:

>On  Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:18:43 -0500 b <flipper at macsrule.com> wrote:
>
>>  Oh sure, right, one user out of hundreds of anecdotal accounts.
>>
>>  Slash-dot is the center of "the-sky-is-falling' and computer-related
>>  'guessware', paranoia, etc. Fun to read, but, you do have to look a
>>  little further than the initial, so-called 'story'.
>
>Let's face it, if MacFixit, Macintouch and Apple Discussions forums are all
>reporting huge problems with iMovie 3, it is not a simple "sky-is-falling"
>reportage. Apple should just recall it and admit it had released a turkey!
>(Like, that's going to happen!)
>
>jg

A lot of folks are having problems with the first release of a major
upgrade [since when is that news, I'd like to know?]

Meanwhile, most of the problems have very simple workarounds, i.e.
opening iDVD first, then opening iMovie, exporting iMovie 3 files to
QT Pro, then importing into iDVD 2, etc. The program seems to give
people more to deal with when they're using eMacs, for some reason.

There are issues with syncing audio, but upon a closer look we see
the 'victims' trying to import 12-bit audio into a 16-bit
structure...brilliant!!!!

Fact: Most of the adequately set-up users are finding less problems
than the newbies and the 'short-cut' squad [also not a new situation].

My advice s always to wait for the first rev. A lot of people cannot
wait, so they'd best be adequately prepared [i.e. have QT Pro,
compatible files, and access to forums, etc].

Slash dot [where the original post was referring to] is known,
especially amongst its most avid readers/contributors] to be a great
place to learn things, AS WELL as to hear latest paranoid/'it's not
fair'/ and flame bait, etc. Period.

~flipper

Apple won't be recalling anything. This isn't Detroit <laughs>