[Ti] Photoshop on Ti800 Mhz Powerbook

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Sun Feb 9 07:39:57 PST 2003

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:03:49 -0500
From: Michael Bigley <wakinyan at fuse.net>
Subject: Re: [Ti] Photoshop on Ti800 Mhz Powerbook

 >> I use primarily OS 10.2.3, and I am working on a 100 MB graphic file
 >> right now,
 >> and when I hide one of the layers in the picture, the whole picture
 >> goes white, and then comes back with the layer hidden.

 > Have you loaded the newest (released last week) Altivec plug in
 > update? This seems to greatly improved some of the performance issues
 > with PS.

Did it now afterwards, but it did not speed things up too much.

 > If the white page issue does not occur when you initially open
 > the file, but happens later, it is more likely that you are running
 > into a memory issue; PS history is stored in RAM or VM, and if you
 > are working with 100mb files, 512mb RAM is really not enough.

It not on opening. Well, I guess I will have to go out and shop for
some RAM :)

That brings me another question: Is it the same where the 512 MB chip is
placed (Lower or upper slot), since I will keep one of the 256 MB chips
in there?

Thanks for the reply Michael,

Daniel