[Ti] What a waste ...

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 11:48:04 PST 2003

Frank Wiewandt wrote:

>After searching through the Dantz & Apple forums, now I find that my CD-RW is
>one firmware version behind & they say that there is nothing that they are going
>to do. They say it's Apple's fault. Basically I'm feeling pretty screwed. :-(

Steve Wozniak added:

"This takes me back to the time when Apple was making a big statement about getting into the server business with their own standard 'server' package. The tower came with a built-in tape drive and a copy of Retrospect. But Retrospect wasn't compatible with the tape drive it shipped with. I never got anywhere with either company, so I just bought extra hard disk drives and backed up manually. I still do to this day."

I too back up manually, and find that it works quite nicely.  I bought lots of Verbatim CD-Rs from Apple, AND I back up everything even more regularly on my iPod.  When I was buying my Ti 800 last May, a PC friend of mine said that I had to get an iPod.  Aside from it being cool, it was great for backing up files regularly.  How right he was.  I have backed up almost 10 years of files on my 10g iPod -- and use it for songs -- and still have about half of its memory left.

A real deal!

The ONLY problem is that I have to keep recharging the iPod.  I did what an Apple techie said about resetting the settings, but I still keep getting messages that the battery is low when it sits for even a few days.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com