[Ti] (OT) iTunes missing plugin - speed control

Les Posen lesposen at optushome.com.au
Wed Feb 12 13:33:45 PST 2003

Interesting discussion while I was having a sleep on this side of the
world.

Pity my question only prompted a philosophical discussion and no
answers!

I teach folkdance
(http://homepage.mac.com/israeli_folk_dances/Menu1.html) and
occasionally it is helpful to teach a dance using music slightly slower.

Occasionally, the music I receive is too slow or fast and needs to be
modified. Occasionally the creator of the dance has used music which is
sped up making the vocalist sound like a chipmunk, and so a tempo
control can be helpful in re-adjusting the final sound.

In this form of dance, choreographers often commission music, obtain
the permission of the musician to manipulate the music, or pay a small
commission to the Israeli equivalent of APRA.

All these videos were created with iMovie 2. My tribute to Israeli
astronaut, Ilan Roman, appearing on the same page, was created with
iMovie 3 makimg full use of the Ken Burns effect.

Now, could we return to my original question??

Les

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 02:46  AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium