[Ti] LimeWire, iTunes & Problems

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 16:33:13 PST 2003

According to NaegeleWDC at aol.com:

>By getting songs via LimeWire basic, can others gain access to your
>computer?  Can the downloading process via LimeWire result in
>corruptions of iTunes?  Indeed, I only downloaded about eight Billie
>Holiday songs, and I certainly didn't need problems with iTunes
>(which has worked flawlessly until now) as a result.

No, and no, and it sounds like you have the songs from Limewire [the
Billie Holliday songs] still in the Limewire 'Shared Folder". If so,
move them out.

Or use iTunes to relocate them to the iTunes Music Library folder.
iTunes moves them if you select "Copy files to iTunes Music folder"
from the 'Advanced' pane, in iTunes Preferences. I'd delete the files
on the iTunes Library list, move the Billie Holliday files to any
other folder, then re-import them from the new location.

Maybe you selected the folder when you imported the tunes into
iTunes? If so, it imports everything with any kind of mp3 tag as well
as some odd extension [tags].

~flipper