10.2.4 Update wiped out my Services :=)

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 14 03:01:49 PST 2003

I had formatting plugins in Services, to remove or reformat anything
using BBEdit,[things like removing formatting, 'quotes', all caps,
etc], also my MoosePad services were there, meaning any time I
highlighted text in a browser, email, whatever, I could auto-open a
new page in MoosePad with the selected text. And those were just two
of, perhaps 20 carefully selected apps.

This evening my list of items under the Services menu is less than
half what it was, and I am major ticked-off here. I start wondering
whose computer this is. I looked in both 'Services' directories in
the Libraries, and there's no trace of anything, AND the folders
themselves don't show any modification date from a month ago at
least. That just plain sucks.

That is really crappy. It's no wonder people pass bootlegged Apple
software around. Once I pay this much money [well over three grand,
just for the Powerbook] and invest several times that in MY software,
I do not appreciate anybody messing with MY thing. Period. Looks like
it's time for counter-measures.

~flipper