[Ti] Flaky *&%$ Superdrive!

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Tue Feb 18 06:08:05 PST 2003

On 2/18/03 3:25 AM, "Tarik Bilgin" <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 07:39  pm, John Griffin wrote:
>
>> I just spent about 2 hours online with the AppleCare centre trying to
>> resolve a problem with my SuperDrive.
>>
>> I have a really great CD of Acoustic Guitar music that I have been
>> playing
>> for the last couple of days while I work. This afternoon when I broke
>> for
>> coffee, I tried to eject it and it refused. It would bounce off the
>> front of
>> the drive facing and go back in.\

I had the same problem with my 1 GHz Ti, I had restarted many times, etc.
No apps running, etc. etc.  So, thinking that the only thing that could not
allow the CD do eject was some app open, although I did not open any after
the many restarts, I finally did a force quit, which was only showing the
finder, and then hit reject and voila!
Try it...Apple thought it was a hardware issue and it was not.
Cheers
FRED