Thanks to everyone

Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 22 18:50:08 PST 2003

Everyone, however irascible, is a great help when problems, arise.  I
want to thank Adam, MBurke and Robert for your responses.  I wanted to
thank you while I have uptime.  I think I have a software problem as my
machine runs fine and reliably from an external firewire drive.  I
think I will re-install OS 10.2 (from disk) and upgrade to 10.2.4 via
updates.  One other question, though I have a complete set up on the
external drive, I can't email from it because: "the server can't
respond on port 110".  This is the port my main machine emails from.
Is this a problem with my cable modem or is there a setting I need to
change.  I have mirrored the settings of the internal and external
systems.  This become important if my main machine gets cranky and I
net to reach this list.  Thanks again, this is not the first time I
have benefited from your advise, experience and elevated understanding.