[Ti] Laptop stands

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Jan 1 13:17:22 PST 2003

Cyndi,

I understand your problem. I am 6'2" and even with my chair and desk at
optimal height - I get neck strain when working at length on the Ti. I also
plug it into a 17"ASDCRT so the difference in height between the two
displays was always annoying.

After reading many excellent reviews and word from fellow listee's - I went
for the iCurve. Especially for the height issue.

The top of my Ti display is now 1 1/2 inches lower than the top of my CRT
display. This has upgraded the functionality for many of the applications I
use. It has also helped with cooling and softening of the noise when the
fans do hit the high notes. I have a Ti550/Combo w/768m ram. I can often
browse the web, deal with all my email and even carry out some light work
before the fan even comes on! Pick yourself up a fullsize Apple keyboard (if
you don't have one already) and this stand - perfect match.

Sorry this dosn't help you with information on other stands - I just
received my stand a coupe weeks ago and am really happy with it. I don't
work at Griffin either :-)

Goodluck

On 1/1/03 12:10 PM, "Cyn" <flanders1 at charter.net> wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked before............I need to raise the
> level of my TiBook screen before I completely wreck my back.
>
> I am looking for a laptop stand. I have seen the icurve and lap
> genie. I know there are others, I just can't remember the names. Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to see as many
> choices as possible to buy the best for my needs.
>
> TIA
>
> Cyndi

Bill Reburn