[Ti] Get Over The AlBook

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 16:45:52 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/7/2003 7:12:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, tom at dfind.com writes:

> I agree. Go ahead Aaron, tell these soft heads the proper
> way to
> announce a new product without taking anyone by surprise.

Oh please.  Come on people.  Get over it.  The 1 gig Ti was a great machine before the AlBook and is still a great machine after.  Look...I also bought a 1 gig machine a month ago.  At the time I was expecting a major upgrade to the line but was anticipating a touch activated screen (Apple/Wacom screen) that would also pivot.  It made no difference, I had an immediate use for the Superdrive portability and got it.

I've used the 1 gig SuperTi ;-) every day since I bought it.  The AlBook looks cool sure...but so what?  It has to look cool.  In the hands of some inspired people technology is an art.

The black Wallstreet is still a gorgeous machine.  It still is sleek, sexy and makes heads turn.

The original 400 TiBook is still gorgeous and elegant.

Hell, even the iBooks are cool looking.

And now we have the AlBook.  I say great.  Great for Apple for leading the way in technological design.  They're keeping the line alive, viable and just increased the resale value of my 1 gig Ti. I guess I would feel different if the 1 gig Ti was like a Yugo that was just replaced by a Volvo but it's isn't.  The SuperTi is a great machine. Remember...what really counts here is not what the computer looks like but what we do with the computer, how we use it not how we wear it.

However, I do think that Shawn King's pronouncement regarding no new Powerbooks at Macworld is a stitch.  It's okay Shawn, at least you stuck your neck out.

Here's a question for the list...since we are a TiBook list...are we going to include the AlBook users?  ;-)

MBurke