[Ti] What a moron

Aaron Lynch a.list at ninewire.com
Thu Jan 9 22:16:02 PST 2003

On 1/9/03 12:53 PM, John McDaniel mashed the following keys :

> On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:37  PM, Victor Orly wrote:
>
>> Look what this moron wrote....
>>
>> <http://news.com.com/2010-1071-979757.html?tag=fd_nc_1>
>
> Gawd what drivel.
>
> He deserves whatever POS PC he's using to type up that slanted report.
>
> "Doesn't get it" doesn't even come close!

It's amazing to me that _a lot_ of people feel that way about art, artists.

I wonder if he'd even notice if every house on the planet were a square
interlocking concrete box.  (rich people would just have more boxes)

Art is _everywhere_ and not just in 'artsy' fields like music production, in
Architecture, automobile design.

**ALL** computers frankly, piss me off.  But to be frustrated with them, AND
have ugliness all around me?  ugh

I like macs, first of all, because they are elegant, and pretty, and I don't
apologize for it.

And, as for this comment: "Technically, it was fabulous--and completely
impractical. Microsoft's PowerPoint exists for one reason: Sales
representatives use it to lull their audiences into an agreeable mood before
asking for money. "Your company is fabulous, but I can't stand that little
man holding the stopwatch and scratching his head. We're going to go with
the vendor with that Egyptian papyrus theme," is a statement that will never
come out of a corporate buyer's mouth."

Is just, unabashedly flat-out wrong. Corporate buyers make decisions based
on nothing but a snazzy presentation, all the time. And, even if corporate
buyers don't really appreciate 'art' I think most of them wouldn't live in
an interlocking concrete box. And side-by-side, the snazzy looking
presentation will win.  In fact the more I think about it, this might be one
of the most important apps Apple has ever made.  If SALES starts demanding
macs to run presentations, corporate will follow.  And it's only going to
take one or two losses to a competitor before SALES guys _demand_ the tool.
And SALES departments rule corporations...  And, it's important in that I
think it is a shift from Apple being afraid of Microsoft.  If microsoft
pulls Apple support (like, um their CRAP version of powerpoint) Apple is
saying, "well we'll make a better one"