[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users! - I am

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Thu Jan 9 09:20:04 PST 2003

Just FYI...here are some benchmarks and explanations for the 12" and 17" PBs
compared to the various 15" models... including the 1Ghz and 800Ghz Ti, and
and iBook 800 MHz.

http://www.barefeats.com/pb17.html

To quote:

"Thanks to DDR memory and the GeForce4 440 Go graphics chip, the 17"
PowerBook ran away with the Xbench Memory and OpenGL Graphics Tests*.
However, it was no faster than the 15" TiBook (1GHz) in the CPU, Thread, and
Quartz Graphics Tests.
I threw in the results for the 15" TiBook 800 and the 12" iBook 800 to see
how they compared to the 12" PowerBook 867, since those of you making a
buying decision might be choosing between those three. To my surprise, the
iBook 800 beat the 12" PowerBook and 15" TiBook 800 in the Quartz Graphics
Test. And it came in above the 12" PowerBook and just behind the TiBook 800
in the CPU Test."

TEST HARDWARE

17" Apple PowerBook 1GHz with 1GB of RAM
15" Apple PowerBook 1GHz with 1GB of RAM
12" Apple PowerBook 867MHz with 640MB of RAM
15" Apple PowerBook 800MHz with 1GB of RAM
12" Apple iBook 800MHz with 640MB of RAM

Sort of interesting...
Cheers
Fred