Memory Cards and Camera Formats

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 08:13:49 PST 2003

A friend of mine was overseas during the holidays and claims that after
he downloaded photos to an iMac from his camera, his PC can no longer
read the chip.

I don't see how that would affect the chip, unless he reformatted it
using the iMac...which I don't think he did.

I told him to let me rescue the 255 .jpg photos to a Zip disk that was PC
formatted, using my Titanium which needs only a small extension to "see"
the chip in the reader, and then he could reformat the whole chip using
the camera. I hope this was the right avenue/advice.

I'm still information gathering. I'd hate to see him lose 255 holiday
photos of his family in Poland, where I had no idea they had Macs in such
abundance!