[Ti] What a moron

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Fri Jan 10 13:52:35 PST 2003

Probably not, but, working at a big government/university lab, SLAC
(http://www.slac.stanford.edu/), we use an old Mac II with an old
National Instruments (http://www.ni.com/) NuBus card to sit and
gather data using LabView
(http://digital.ni.com/worldwide/bwcontent.nsf/web/all/47061E1B9A91089486256CA30073CBC5),
then we would FTP off to do analysis in MatLab on an incredibly
painfuly slow VAX system.  And, I talked with the NI guy at the last
(2002) MacWorld and he bemoaned the fact that they weren't selling
too many PCI cards because all those old Mac with NuBus slots were
still going strong.
Also, one of my coworkers, where I work presently, was invited to
Apple where they showed them using LabView as a process control, and
we do have a Dell now using LabView at work--the PLC unit didn't have
a fast enough control loop.  And, at another job, with all the times
I had NT crash (well usually a total freeze) on me when testing a
process control software for a tool that measures profiles of silicon
wafers, I would welcome a OS X box running that stuff, Aqua is so
much more soothing, and less crash prone.

erik g