[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 14:57:45 PST 2003

Tim,

Great LA Times article.  And they are right, two consecutive quarter losses doesn't bode well for Apple Stockholders, certainly.  But we're talking about Jobs here, and no I haven't forgotten NEXT...but then, neither has Jobs ;-).  There is one quote from the LA Times article that is salient to the long term growth and health of the Apple Corporation and in fact is evidenced in the release of the new 17" AiBook.

"Apple said it will increase spending on research and development in the current quarter to position itself for an eventual recovery."

I think we can expect an energized response from Apple over the next two years that will be memorable to say the least.  Expect other breakthroughs, people.  To capture the future Apple has to keep defining it and Jobs knows it.  I would love to get Woz's take on this.

MBurke