[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Fri Jan 17 11:11:03 PST 2003

on 1/17/2003 9:08 AM, Henry Kalir at kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU wrote:

> Folks...PLEASE...Apple needs to work on an OS that can take ANY Windoze
> application and run it just as good or BETTER on the Mac OS (like being
> able to play the same record on a superior HI FI...or whatever appropriate
> analogy you care for) so that PC users (NOT you, the converted!!!) will
> say" Hey! NEAT...I might as well get a Mac and run all my applications and
> then some on it". An increase in market share is not just GOOD, it's a
> MUST for Apple to survive. STOP deluding yourselves... TY for listening.

The SECOND Apple actually releases Mac OS X for Intel- (or AMD-) style
processors means that they then go head-to-head with Microsoft.

With Microsoft's record of doing almost anything to stop competitors, in my
opinion that would pretty much spell the end of Apple.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver