[Ti] Here's your challenge...

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Jan 17 13:27:19 PST 2003

>It's all word of mouth.  If we don't do it, who will?

What you describe sounds like the old Evangelista list.  It was
moderated by Guy Kawasaki and run by Apple. When Guy left Apple they
did not replace him (AFAIK), but the list went away. Several others
tried to re-ignite it, but Guy was a professional evangelist and
really kept the energy of the list focused.  When folks needed Mac
support (like a school switching to Windoze), the list would
literally send thousands of reasons and experiences that supported
the Mac; flames were disdained on this list and those who wanted to
flame anti-Mac folks were directed to lists like Mackido and others
that were more militant.

The list strictly was a forum for others to share positive Mac
experiences; it was a great resource, I think because it was also a
huge list.  When people were trying to evangelize the Mac, they could
always rely on the list for solutions. For example, if someone posted
that their neighbor said he can't use a Mac because it won't to XXX
that Windoze can, the list usually posted dozens of SOLUTIONS to that
problem... Positive Ammo for the Evangelist.

It's been gone for over 4 years now and I still miss that list.  But
as subsequent failed Evangelists proved, it takes a dedicated,
full-time moderator to keep the list focused and active. Anybody at
Apple listening?
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com