[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 17:20:55 PST 2003

Henry Kalir <kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU> wrote:
Every diehard Mac user SHOULD be VERY concerned about Apple's market
share, which is the ultimate measure of the success of its products and
an
indicator of its future viability. Let's stop the "don;t confuse me with
the facts when I've already made up my mind" approach! There are many
good
things about the Mac and many which need fixin' for it to THRIVE and
increase it's market share and hence relevance to NON Mac users so that
they will use it in ever increasing numbers of THEIR OWN ACCORD, not
because some Mac diehard convinced them to do so.

Kevin wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion about market share, however,
I'm a "diehard" Mac user and I couldn't care less about Apples market
share, to me the ultimate measure of the success of a product is in the
products ability to serve my needs. If my needs are met in a product, I
don't care if the market share is 1% or 99%. Many of the products I've
bought in my life are from small businesses, with just about no market
share, some of them were also the first in their field and have had
more time for refinement. These products have outlasted other
mainstream large market share products several times over. Do you buy
products based solely on market share? An indicator of a products
future viability is easy to determine, look at the competition, are
they doing something better?

Kevin