[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Jan 22 19:11:52 PST 2003

>Last I knew Sears sold Apple, has this changed?

Sears sold iMacs and iBooks I believe.  Circuit City and Best Buy
used to sell Macs, but Apple sent secret shoppers into all their
retail resellers and found that the sales reps in those stores
actually spent considerable energy talking folks interested in Macs
into buying Wintel.  Apple felt that it was better to remove the
opportunity to negatively market their products and voided reseller
agreements with those outlets.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com