[Ti] Battery Life?

Greg Chapel gchapel at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 24 17:09:45 PST 2003

On 01/24/03 6:55 PM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> On 1/24/03 4:21 PM, "Seymour J. Wolfson" <wolfson at wayne.edu> wrote:
> I am doubting that this projector is being powered off of your battery-- if
> it is, then you're getting great battery life.  I think it's time for you to
> pick up a new battery

Not necessarily. Those battery life numbers that were originally quoted for
the old TI 500 were under OS 9 which did a much better job of conserving
power than OSX. Also it really depends on your usage and power settings. 1.5
hours may not be that bad if you are using the high performance processor
setting, not turning screen brightness down substantially, or are using the
processor fairly intensively.
If I use the dvd player or run processor intensive programs like VPC,
VectorWorks, etc I don't get much over 1.5 to 2 hrs either and I have 2
other spare batteries that perform the same.

Greg