[Ti] dirt slow Ti 550

Hector Luna polonius19 at cox.net
Sat Jan 25 11:45:36 PST 2003

on 1/25/03 11:51 AM, John Griffin at jwegriffin at mac.com wrote:

> On  Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:58:36 -0700 Hector Luna <polonius19 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to apologize for the length of this post, but I've been at it for a
>> couple of days and have already tried a lot. I thought it best to be as
>> detailed as I could...
>
> I can almost feel your panic!
>
> I seem to remember the one time I had to reinstall system X on my Hard
> Drive, everything was dreadfully slow like you describe until I ran "Repair
> Permissions" with the Disk Utility. It took a very long time to complete and
> scrolled an extremely long list of repairs that needed to be done. I then
> did the prebinding repair in Terminal and the fsck check in root.
>
> After doing all this I rebooted two or three times and things became their
> usual swift pace again.
>
> Have you done all these things?
>

> jg

No, and I feel like an idiot for not even knowing about them. I wasn't aware
of the "Repair Permissions" option in Disk Utility. Jaguar is still
installing, but I'll be sure to run that when I get it going. In the mean
time I'll start researching the prebinding repair and fsck check on the web,
I'm not familiar with them either. If you know of any links that might
explain them, that'd be great.

Thanks for your help...
-Hector
--