[Ti] [OT] LAME what for? Was: AAC redux

Khyber Courchesne khyber at urbisnet.com
Thu Jul 10 10:37:20 PDT 2003

Have you tried encoding with LAME?  I have not been impressed.  I thought it
sounded very close (actually, the SAME) to a 160kbps MP3 file.  And its 145%
of the MP3 size. And it imports at only 1.1x speed.....but I've only tested
a few acoustic tracks......
And - the LAME sites are far too technical for me as well....I'll leave it
to the pros!