[Ti] Troubleshooting help needed

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Jul 17 06:25:53 PDT 2003

Alex typed this message on 7/17/03 7:21 AM:

> On the issue of going to 10.3 I noticed that in Panther the default
> disk format is "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)," with the only other
> option being UFS.
> Does anyone on the list now if the standard Mac OS Extended format can
> be upgraded to the Journaled format without an initialising the HD?

HFS+ Journaled is how I am running now with no problems.

You can use Cocktail to start your drive in Journaling mode. Just click, and
that's it.

The only thing I have had to do is to add "-f" (force) to the fsck command
in single user mode or it refuses to diagnose the Volume structure.

jg